Go to top of page

Latest updates

Part 149 has been made, bringing a new level of recognition to sport and recreational aviation in Australia.

A summary of consultation is now available on the Part 139 rules for aerodromes.

Changes to how applicants apply for an Aviation Reference Number (ARN) have come into effect today.

Upcoming events


  • Learn about the new rules we have introduced to promote safe flight crew fatigue management.

  • Medical certification information for pilots, air traffic controllers, DAMEs and medical specialists.

  • Find out about maintenance personnel licensing and becoming a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer.

  • We have recently introduced a licensing suite of regulations – Parts 61, 64, 141 and 142 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations.

  • Understand how we are implementing the new aviation rules and what this means for you.

  • Find out about navigation requirements and apply for a navigation authorisation.