CASR 61.1270 requires a professional development program (PDP) and provides ongoing and refresher education for:
- flight examiners
- approved testing officers (ATO)
- holders of CASR 61.040 approvals.
The program’s aim is to improve safety by increasing consistency, reliability and assessment standards.
- assessment methodology and standardisation
- current policy and practice relating to conducting flight tests and proficiency checks
- a discussion on current issues and performance trends
- the expected behaviours of examiners
- any changes to procedures and legislation.
AviationWorx present PDP modules online, with updates released every 2 years in July. Once completed, you may view them again for revision. A library of previous PDP series is also available.
Due dates for PDPs
If you have completed a PDP, your next one will be due 2 years after completion.
If you have completed all the requirements for a flight examiner rating, including the flight examiner rating course, you have met the PDP requirements. Your next PDP will be due 2 years after you have obtained your flight examiner rating.
We recommend you add your PDP expiry to any method that you use to track pilot licence and recency expiries. You can also view when your PDP was last completed via AviationWorx.