The Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) guides agency heads on accepting gifts and benefits, and declaring any gifts and benefits received on the agency website.
The APSC strongly encourages statutory agencies like CASA to adopt this guidance as best practice.
Gifts and benefits between 1 October 2019 and 30 June 2021
CASA staff accepted the following gifts and benefits, with an estimated value of more than AUD$100 (excluding GST).
- 23 June: Crocodile Farms NT gifted a briefing and helicopter flight demonstrating crocodile egg collection operation to Tony Mathews, Pip Spence, Michael Bridge and Elizabeth Hallett in Northern Territory. Estimated value is not quantified.
- 9 to 10 March: Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS) invited CEO/DAS to AAUS RPAS Conference and Gala Dinner - complimentary as guest speaker at the AAUS RPAS in Australian Skies 2021 Conference. Estimated value is $615.
- 3 December: CASA Board gifted farewell gift of a pen, box and card to CEO/DAS. Estimated value is $237.
- 17 July: CASA gifted Qantas 747 farewell flight to CEO/DAS. Estimated value is $679.
- 29 October: Regional Aviation Association of Australia (RAAA) invited CEO/DAS to RAAA gala dinner - complimentary as guest speaker at the RAAA Annual Conference. Estimated value is not quantified.
- 22 November: Virgin gifted a renewal of complimentary Virgin The Club lounge membership to Chair CASA Board. Estimated value is not quantified.