You will need an organisation aviation reference number (ARN) to interact with us on behalf of your business. You will also need an individual ARN.
You can apply for an ARN for your business online, using our myCASA portal.
An organisation ARN allows others in your business to be set up to transact with us online on behalf of the business.
Why you need an organisation ARN
An organisation ARN is the only way to allow more than one person to act on behalf of the business in myCASA.
This will allow you to request and manage access to myCASA for key staff working for you.
We recommend sole traders set themselves up with an organisation ARN to future-proof any future expansion.
This includes companies intending to become:
- Air Operators’ Certificate holders
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operators’ Certificates (ReOC) holders
- businesses flying or intending to fly drones commercially
- flying training organisations
- maintenance training organisations.
The following types of businesses can apply online:
- companies (government, public and private)
- statutory authorities (Commonwealth, state and local)
- government entities (departments, agencies and schools)
- incorporated companies, associations or entities
- sole traders
You will need to have a myCASA account, individual ARN and be authorised to apply on behalf of the business. Make sure you have your company’s ABN and other documentation handy.
Other ways to apply
An ARN will not be issued to business names, funds, strata titles, deceased estates, consortiums or partnerships. Organisations set up as trusts should contact us on 131 757 to discuss.
If you can't apply online, you will need to:
- submit Form 1170 Organisation aviation reference number (ARN) application (PDF, 132 KB)
- email email@example.com with your organisational details.
Applications using Form 1170 will take about 5 days to process.