Part 147 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) sets out the requirements for:
- maintenance training organisations
- individuals requiring licences and ratings for the performance of maintenance certifications
- certificates of release to service for aircraft maintenance.
The provisions apply to all aircraft maintenance training organisations who seek or gain a Part 147 approval.
Who it affects
Part 147 of CASR affects:
- current CAR 30 (maintenance training) approval holders
- current and prospective maintenance organisations
- current and prospective maintenance training organisations
- licensed aircraft maintenance engineers
- holders of a Maintenance Authority.