Authorised persons (APs) may carry out the following design activities for aircraft or aeronautical product or alterations to aircraft or aeronautical products:
- approval of technical data (CASR 21.009)
- approval of changes to aircraft flight manuals (CASR 21.006A)
- approval of minor changes in type design (CASR 21.095)
- modification/repair design approvals (CASR Subpart 21.M including 21.437)
- variations of supplemental type certificates (CASR 21.120B).
Instrument of Appointment
An Instrument of Appointment (IOA) details the scope of design activities that an AP is able to carry out.
To become an AP for design, you must:
- develop a design approval procedures manual (DAPM)
- be employed or contracted by an organisation that has a DAPM.
The DAPM describes your design activity processes.