CASA authorised flight training operators offer essential flight training. Flight training allows you to get and maintain Australian flight crew:
You need our approval to conduct flight training activities. The only exception to this is flight training for:
- design feature endorsements
- flight activity endorsements.
Both can be conducted by an authorised instructor independently.
You can carry out training:
- in an aircraft
- on a flight simulation training device
- using both flight simulation training devices and aircraft.
See the rules for flight training in Australia in the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR) Parts 61, 141 and 142. CASR Part 5 applies to balloons and training.
Our approval can take different forms, including:
- a Part 141 certificate
- a Part 142 B2 certificate
- an Air Operator's Certificate with a Part 142 authorisation
- a combination of these.