You must comply with all conditions of your appointment to maintain your designation. This applies to:
- designated aviation medical examiners (DAMEs)
- designated aviation ophthalmologists (DAOs).
Continuing professional development (CPD)
You must undertake ongoing education relevant to aviation medicine. You must complete at least 13 hours every 3 years to maintain the full 4-year designation period.
For acceptable CPD options, see eligibility and training for designated aviation medical examiners.
Applying for re-designation
DAMEs and DAOs must apply for re-designation at least one month before their current designation expires. The date of expiry is detailed on your certificate of designation.
We will email you a reminder to renew one month before expiry.
If you fail to reapply, we may:
- mark your file as 'inactive'
- remove your access to MRS
- remove your details from our list of medical and eye examiners.
To reapply, complete and submit
. Ensure that you complete all areas of the form include:
- a passport sized colour photograph
- Evidence of your continuing professional development (CPD), either Aviation Medicine Education CPD or RANZCO CPD
- Evidence of current medical registration.
Update your contact details
You must notify us of any changes to your contact details. This is a condition of your appointment under CASR Part 67.
This includes any change in your:
- practice location(s) or postal address
- fax or phone numbers.
If we can’t contact you, we will mark your file as inactive and remove you from our from our list of medical and eye examiners.
To notify us of any change, contact us.