The artwork featured in the footer of our website was created by artist James Baban.
About the artist
James Baban is an Indigenous artist born and bred in Darwin Northern Territory. James has been a dot painter since 1985 and is a healer.
- Mother’s country: Mutburra/Tjingili
- Father’s country: Limingun, NT
Our Way, 2019
Our Way, an artwork commissioned by CASA, reflects the story of CASA’s recruitment, employee retention and cultural engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
James Baban painted a sky-blue background with circles in an array of colours representing both Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the landscape, waterways and sky. CASA is the centre circle, with the outside six circles representing the interconnected themes of how CASA engages with communities and other stakeholders through:
- culturally appropriate policies and procedures
- Reconciliation action plans
- recruitment and employee retention
- communication and engagement with staff and stakeholders
- cross cultural awareness
- engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders and communities.