For the latest information about any aerodromes, check the En Route Supplement Australia (ERSA) available on Airservices website.
We're always looking for the latest photos of regional and rural aerodromes. If you have any recent photos of aerodromes mentioned on this page and would like to share, feel free to get in touch through our contact us form. We can then contact you about the best way to share your photos on the website.
- Busy international airport, Class C airspace, clearance from ATC required
- Carry current Cairns VTC
- Submit Flight Notification
- See the Cairns entry in ERSA. Make note of Flight Procedures Section 5, 'Special Procedures – VFR Corridors'. It delivers a detailed explanation of inbound and outbound procedures
- If you have any queries, call ATC prior to arrival for help
- Landing and parking fees apply. Review Cairns Airport website, Schedule 3, Note 5 'General Aviation Charges'
- High terrain immediately west of the airport attracts low cloud and possible turbulence off the mountains. In some circumstances, the Western VFR Route may not be suitable. Familiarise yourself with the coastal route, more suited to inclement weather
- GA Parking available at GA apron, adjacent TWY A3
- Busy non-controlled aerodrome
- Aircraft departing Mareeba for Cairns that have obtained a Landing Slot Time from ATC will be processed more expeditiously
- Caution – ultralight, manned balloon and agricultural ops take place in close vicinity (see ERSA)
- Bird and wildlife hazard
- 4.3 nm south of Mareeba township