- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Remotely piloted aircraft operator's certificate
A remotely piloted aircraft operator's certificate (ReOC) allows your business to operate as a drone service provider, earning money for hire or reward, employ remote pilots (remote pilot licence (RePL) holders) and fly outside the drone safety rules - also known as the standard operating conditions.
On this page
- Get your certificate – follow these easy steps to get your ReOC.
- Renew your certificate – renewing your certificate online is easy through myCASA.
The Part 101 (Unmanned Aircraft and Rockets) Manual of Standards 2019 provides you with detailed information on what you need to know to be a certified operator. It covers four main areas:
- RPA training and competency
- airspace use and restrictions
- extended visual line of sight and beyond visual line of sight
- essential record keeping and notification.
- Register your drone – it’s free, quick, easy and online
- Flying closer than 30 metres - what you need to know when flying close to people.
- Additional permissions and approvals – get approval to fly within restricted airspace, near aerodromes and extended and beyond visual line-of-sight and outside of other drone safety rules.
- Flying at night – everything you need to know about flying at night.
- Notice to Airmen submissions – guidance for submitting a Notice to Airmen alerts (NOTAMs).
- Industry delegates – are authorised by CASA to approve ReOCs on our behalf.
You can view a complete list of all Australian certificate holders with our ReOC holder directory.
Have a question? Need help? You can contact us through our online enquiry form.
Subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date with the latest drone information and updates.