Search by keyword such as the CAO title. You can also filter by aviation topic category such as air traffic, licensing and continuing airworthiness.
Showing 1 - 30 of 46 results
- Repeal and amendment instrument 2014 (No. 1) - Flight crew licensing
This instrument provides a summary of instruments relating to flight crew licencing that have been repealed or amended.
- Administration and procedure - distribution and rejection of aircraft components and aircraft materials - Instrument 2015
CAO 100.16 applies the holder of a certificate of approval covering the distribution of an aircraft component or an aircraft material; and any person permitted to carry out maintenance under regulation 42ZC of CAR 1988.
- Maintenance authority classes and ratings - Instrument 2007
CAO 100.23 provides requirements for the issuance of a maintenance authority, an aircraft maintenance engineer examiner authority, a non-destructive testing authority or an aircraft weight control authority.
- General requirements in respect of maintenance of Australian aircraft - 2011
CAO 100.5 applies to all Australian aircraft in respect of which an Australian certificate of airworthiness is in force, other than an aircraft to which Part 42 of CASR applies.
- Weight requirements for balloons - Instrument 2015
CAO 100.96 provides the weight requirements for balloons that must be weighed before issuance of an certificate of airworthiness or experimental certificate.
- Amendment order (No. R92) 2004 -Airworthiness certification requirements - Amateur-built category aeroplanes (12/12/2004)
CAO 101.28 imposes airworthiness certification requirements for amateur-built category aeroplanes.
- Certificates of approval - application, grant and conditions
This CAO 104.0 (Certificates of approval - application, grant and conditions) as amended, taking into account amendments up to Civil Aviation Order 104.0 Amendment Instrument 2015 (No. 2).
- Inspection for flaws by dye penetrant methods - Instrument 2007
CAO 108.10 specifies procedures relating to the inspection of aircraft, aircraft components and aircraft materials for flaws by dye penetrant methods.
- Selection of timber for use in the manufacture of laminated wooden propellers - Instrument 2007
CAO 108.29 specifies the requirements to be observed in the selection of timber for use in the manufacture of laminated wooden propellers.
- Inspection for flaws by magnetic particle methods - Instrument 2007
CAO 108.08 specifies procedures relating to the inspection of aircraft, aircraft components and aircraft materials for flaws by magnetic particle methods.
- Fatigue management
CAO 48.1 affects air operators and pilots. It imposes flight and duty time limitations for flight crew and operators to assist in managing fatigue.
- Air operators’ certificates authorising the flying or operation of an aircraft, balloon or glider - Instrument 2014
CAO 82.0 applies to air operators’ certificates authorising the flying or operation of an aircraft, balloon or glider for the purposes described in Part 206 of CAR.
- Conditions on air operators’ certificates authorising commercial glider passenger operations (12/12/2004)
CAO 82.1 imposes conditions on Air Operators’ Certificates that authorise the operation of a glider for commercial passenger operations.
- Air Operators’ Certificates authorising commercial balloon licence or rating training (as amended)
CAO 82.7 imposes conditions on Air Operators’ Certificates that authorise the flying or operation of a manned free balloon for commercial balloon flying training.
- Exemptions from CAR and CASR - Gyroplanes Not Exceeding 250 kg - Instrument 2021
CAO 95.12 sets out the requirements for single place gyroplanes having an empty weight not in excess of 250 kg used solely in private operations for recreational purposes. This applies to gyroplanes listed with a sport aviation body other than ASAO.
- Exemptions from CAR and CASR - LSA Gyroplanes and ASRA-compliant Gyroplanes - Instrument 2021
CAO 95.12.1 sets out the requirements for LSA gyroplanes and ASRA-compliant gyroplanes with a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) not exceeding 600 kg.
- Exemption from CAR - Parasails and gyrogliders (12/12/2004)
CAO 95.14 provides exemptions for parasails and gyrogliders from compliance with Part 61 of CASR.