This manual is for CASA staff involved in type certification for:
- aircraft engines and propellers
as required by the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
The manual establishes procedures for evaluating and approving:
- aircraft type design data
- changes to approved type design data.
The procedures apply to all personnel involved in the type certification process, including:
- all engineering personnel
- manufacturing inspection personnel
- administrative personnel.
The type certification processes described in this procedures manual apply only to:
- type certificate (TC)
- provisional TC
- supplemental type certificates (STC)
- type acceptance certificates (TAC)
- TC for imported aircraft from a non-recognised country.