Part 175 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) sets out the requirements for managing aeronautical information.
Requirements are based on the International Civil Aviation Organization's Annex 15 Aeronautical Information Services (AIS).
Part 175 establishes requirements for quality and integrity of data and information used in air navigation.
The Part 175:
- allows CASA to approve AIS providers and data service providers
- establishes requirements for approved AIS providers responsible for the publication of aeronautical information products
- establishes requirements for approved data service providers to publish aeronautical data and aeronautical information as an alternative to the aeronautical information products
- allows approved data service providers to supply aeronautical data for air navigation databases
- places requirements on aeronautical data originators for the supply of data and information to the AIS provider
- allows Airservices Australia to collect available obstacle data from organisations or obstacle owners.
Who it affects
Part 175 affects:
- Airservices Australia
- publishers of aeronautical information products
- suppliers of aeronautical data for air navigation databases
- aerodrome operators
- Department of Infrastructure
- Department of Defence
- Geoscience Australia
- Bureau of Meteorology
- organisations that own, control or operate an object or structure
- Commonwealth, state, territory or local government
- aircraft operators