We’ve published information to help you work out whether you are fit to return to work after COVID-19 illness.
Use our self-assessment checklist after you have recovered from COVID-19 to help identify:
- whether you can go back to aviation activities
- whether you will need further follow-up and support.
If you answer no to all of the questions, you:
- can return to your aviation duties
- do not need to be reviewed by a Designated Aviation Medicine Examiner (DAME)
- must continue to follow the relevant public health orders for your state or territory.
If you answer yes to any of the questions, you must visit a DAME before returning to aviation activities.
The checklist also has guidance about residual COVID-19 symptoms and when these warrant a review.
You may have to cancel or postpone appointments because of isolation, testing, or a COVID-19 diagnosis.
Where this will lead to your medical certificate expiring, use our contact us form to let us know your new appointment date. We will extend your certificate for up to 2 months if your certificate has not already expired.
We will consider any request for further extensions due to COVID-19 impacts on a case-by-case basis.