- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
COVID-19 advice for industry
COVID-19 is continuing to disrupt business and flying operations including significantly reducing the level of aviation activity.
We continue to actively manage the situation to ensure the ongoing safety of aviation, while taking a flexible regulatory approach to help alleviate the pressure on Australian operators.
The full range of safety and regulatory services are available. However, we’re also taking action to reduce the administrative and financial burden on individuals and operators during this difficult time.
We have also adjusted our approach to surveillance to account for reduced levels of activity and new and emerging sector risks.
Exemptions and relief measures
How we're helping you.
Health information for pilots
What you need to know before you fly.
Medical certification impacts
What to do if you test positive.
Fit to fly
Safety tips for returning to GA flying post COVID-19
- 03 June 2020: Fit to fly - safety tips for returning to GA flying post COVID-19
- 01 May 2020: ICAO webinar series available to industry
- 30 April 2020: Aerodromes given more time to transition to the new rules
- 3 April 2020: Making it easier for aerodrome operators to take advantage of new rules
- 3 April 2020: More time to transition to fatigue rules
- 1 April 2020: Remotely piloted aircraft registration and accreditation - further assistance for industry
- 31 March 2020: Assistance to organisations involved in the continuing airworthiness of aircraft
- 31 March 2020: Proposed changes to pilot and engineer exams
- 31 March 2020: Sport Aircraft Organisation Part 61 Extension
- 24 March 2020: Assistance for Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operator's Certificate holders during COVID-19
- 24 March 2020: How we're helping you - exemptions being put in place
- 17 March 2020: Advice for aviation operators
- 4 February 2020: Information for airline crew - novel coronavirus
Safety Management Principles
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) COVID-19 Government Public Health Mitigation Measures
- Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak is available on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Australian Government’s latest health advice and reporting on COVID-19 is available on the Department of Health website
- EASA guidance material
ICAO and other related Documents
- EASA review of Aviation Safety Issues Arising from the COVID-19 Pandemic
- ICAO COVID-19 Operational Safety Measures
- ICAO Electronic Bulletins and State Letters
Other official information sources
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- World Health Organization Interim Guidelines (18 March): Operational considerations for managing COVID-19 cases or outbreak in aviation
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Collaborative Arrangement for the Prevention and Management of Public Health Events in Civil Aviation (CAPSCA)
If you have any questions or need more information, please call us on 131 757.