- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
COVID-19 advice for industry
COVID-19 is continuing to disrupt business and flying operations.
We are actively managing the situation to ensure the ongoing safety of aviation and to support industry’s return to normal safety assurance activities.
Many of the COVID-19 relief measures in place to provide support to industry have expired – in particular, CASA EX57/20. But there are a few exceptions.
We have also adjusted our approach to surveillance to account for reduced levels of activity and new and emerging sector risks.
Based on the unique risks presented by 2020, we have adjusted our surveillance approach for the remainder of the financial year.
Exemptions and relief measures
How we're helping you.
What you need to know before you fly.
Medical certification impacts
What to do if you test positive.
Fit to fly
Safety tips for returning to GA flying post COVID-19
Safety Management Principles
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) COVID-19 Government Public Health Mitigation Measures
- Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak is available on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Australian Government’s latest health advice and reporting on COVID-19 is available on the Department of Health website
- EASA guidance material
- Safety considerations for use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer in aircraft
ICAO and other related Documents
- EASA review of Aviation Safety Issues Arising from the COVID-19 Pandemic
- ICAO COVID-19 Operational Safety Measures
- ICAO Electronic Bulletins and State Letters
- Safe transport of COVID-19 vaccines on commercial aircraft
- UK CAA Safety Notice: Awareness of skill fade and suggested mitigations
Other official information sources
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- World Health Organization Interim Guidelines (18 March): Operational considerations for managing COVID-19 cases or outbreak in aviation
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Collaborative Arrangement for the Prevention and Management of Public Health Events in Civil Aviation (CAPSCA)
If you have any questions or need more information, please call us on 131 757.