We have created these documents to help operators develop an exposition or operations manual that meets the updated flight operations requirements.
They consist of 2 templates and guides on how to use them.
Each template has:
- a sample structure for your exposition/operations manual
- sample text to adapt for your operations. Samples include tables, diagrams and forms
- regulatory references to Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) and Manual of Standards.
The guide has:
- tips on how to best draft your document
- technical guidance.
Both are available as:
- Word documents you can download and edit.
- Through our online Manual Authoring and Assessment Tool (MAAT) which is a free tool where you can electronically manage manuals and expositions.
Air transport and aerial work operations
The Flight Operations template and guide covers multiple Parts of the CASR:
- Parts 119 and 133 – Australian air transport operators – rotorcraft
- Parts 119 and 135 – Australian air transport operators – smaller aeroplanes
- Part 138 – Aerial work.
You can use the same template for any one or more of these Parts.
- Sample exposition operations manual for Parts 133, 135 and 138 of CASR
- Manual Authoring and Assessment Tool (MAAT)
Helicopter mustering operations (under Part 138 of CASR)
The Part 138 template and guide covers mustering operations in helicopters under Part 138 of CASR.