A remotely piloted aircraft operator's certificate (ReOC) allows you or your business to trade as a drone service provider.
A ReOC permits your business to conduct a range of remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) operations—subject to approval—that are not available to other operators.
You do not need a ReOC, if you’re:
A remotely piloted aircraft operator's certificate (ReOC) allows you or your business to operate as a drone service provider for hire or reward, including:
- employing remote pilots to operate RPA that weigh:
- less than 7 kg
- less than 25 kg
- less than 150 kg
- more than 150 kg – additional certification of the RPA required
- applying for additional permissions and approvals to conduct more complex drone operations outside of the drone safety rules.
A ReOC does not allow you to operate an RPA. To operate an RPA, you must hire a licensed remote pilot or have a remote pilot licence (RePL) yourself.
As a ReOC holder, you must:
- create operational procedures and manuals per Part 101 (Unmanned Aircraft and Rockets) Manual of Standards 2019
- make sure you train all remote pilots in the business’ operational procedures
- make sure you conduct all operations following the law and the conditions of your certificate
- keep the required operational records
- register your RPA before flying.
Find a certified operator
If you’d like to contact or hire a ReOC holder, search our directory of certified operators.
Apply for a ReOC online
Follow these steps to apply for a ReOC: