Every manufactured drone or remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) has a unique serial number. It's important you find your drone's correct serial number, so you can register it correctly. If you do not, you could face penalties for flying an unregistered drone.
Where to find your serial number
To find your serial number:
- Switch off your drone so it is safe to investigate.
- Find and remove your drone's battery.
- Look for a range of numbers or characters inside the battery compartment or on the tail of the drone – this is your serial number. This number may be labelled 'Serial number', 'S/N' or ‘SNID’.
- If there is no number on the drone itself, you might find it on your warranty card or original packaging.
- For DJI drones:
- it often appears under or next to a QR code
- it will be 14-characters long (it may be split across two lines) and include a combination of letters and numbers
- visit the DJI website to find out How to check your product's serial number.
- Carefully enter the correct characters –watch out for the letter:
- ‘O’ when it should be a ‘0’
- ‘V’ when it should be a ‘U’
- ‘I’ when it should be a ‘1’
- ‘S’ when it should be a ‘5’.
|Inspire 1 V2.0||W13,W21|
|Matrice 200 V2||17S|
|Matrice 210 RTK||17U|
|Matrice 210 V2||17T|
|Matrice 300 RTK||1ZN|
|Mavic 2 Enterprise (DUAL)||298|
|Mavic 2 Enterprise (ZOOM)||276|
|Mavic Mini 2||3Q4|
Mavic Pro Platinum
|Phantom 4 RTK||0V2|
|Phantom 3 4K||P7A,08D|
|Phantom 3 Advanced||P76|
|Phantom 3 Professional||P78|
|Phantom 3 SE||0JX|
|Phantom 3 Standard||P5A|
|Phantom 4 ADV
Phantom 4 ADV+
|Phantom 4 Pro 2.0
Phantom 4 Pro 2.0+
|Phantom 4 Pro
Phantom 4 Pro+
If your device doesn't have a serial number
If you have a home-built drone, when registering your drone in myCASA, choose 'No serial number available'. We'll issue you with a CASA-generated registration mark to affix to your drone.
Make sure the registration mark is written or affixed to the drone in a location that can be easily accessed and is clearly visible. You can mark your drone by:
- writing with permanent marker
- creating a label or sticker with a permanent label maker - making sure the label doesn't change the weight or operation of your drone.
If your mark gets damaged, falls off or becomes hard to read, you must re-mark your drone so your registration number is visible at all times.
Have a question? Need help? Try asking our virtual assistant in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
You can also contact us through our online enquiry form.
Subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date with the latest drone information and updates.