- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
The Part 61 Manual of Standards
The Part 61 Manual of Standards (MOS) is a document that supports flight crew licensing regulations.
- aeronautical knowledge and practical competency standards for Part 61 licences
- ratings and endorsements
- standards for Part 64 authorisations
- all flight test, proficiency check and flight review standards.
The MOS is published in four volumes containing the following information and schedules.
- Legislative instrument (front section)
- Schedule 1A - Directory of abbreviations
- Schedule 1 - Directory
- Schedule 2 - Flight crew licensing competency standards. These practical flight standards are referenced in flight training courses, flight testing, proficiency checks and flight reviews. Each licence, rating or endorsement comprises one or more units of competency, each of which has elements and performance criteria.
- Schedule 3 - Aeronautical knowledge standards. These standards are used to direct theory training, whether it is self-study or a formal course of training. Flight crew licensing theory examinations test candidates on these knowledge standards.
- Schedule 4 - Aeronautical knowledge examination standards
- Schedule 5 - Flight test standards
- Schedule 6 - Proficiency check standards
- Schedule 7 - Flight review standards
- Schedule 8 - Assessment standards
- Schedule 9 - CPL(H) training for paragraph 61.615 (1B) (b) (non-integrated training courses)
The Part 61 Manual of Standards (MOS) is published on the Federal Register of Legislation as a compiled document.
When amendments are made, a new compiled version will be published.
Previous compiled versions of the MOS are on the Federal Register of Legislation website.