Part 5 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) aims to create a consistent standard for Safety Management Systems (SMS) across the aviation industry.
Who it affects
Part 5 of CASR will affect anyone holding an authorisation which requires an SMS. This means:
- CASR Part 119 AOCs (Therefore, those also operating under Parts 121, 135 and 133)
- CASR Part 138 aerial work certificates (for specific operators who are required to have an SMS)
- CASR Part 139 aerodrome certificates (for specific operators who are required to have an SMS)
- CASR Part 142 AOCs
- CASR Part 145 certificates
- CASR Part 149 organisations
- CASR Part 171 service provider approvals
- CASR Part 172 ATS provider approvals
- CASR Part 173 certified designer approvals
- CASR Part 175 AIS provider certificates.