- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Aeronautical radio operators
There are rules for using an aeronautical radio and transmitting on aviation air-band frequencies.
You must be qualified to transmit on these frequencies. Qualifications include:
- a pilot licence
- an air traffic control licence
- an Aeronautical Radio Operator’s Certificate (AROC)
- a Certified Air/Ground Radio Operator (CA/GRO).
Apply for an Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC)
Follow the process to apply for an Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate.
Apply for air/ground radio operator certificate
Follow the process to apply for an air/ground radio operator certificate.