Part 145 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) sets out the requirements for:
- approved maintenance organisations (AMO) and maintenance personnel requiring authorisation for the performance of maintenance certifications
- the issue of certificates of release to service for aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance.
Part 145 of the CASR should be read in conjunction with Part 42 of CASR.
Who it affects
Part 145 affects:
- Part 145 approved maintenance organisations
- CAR 30 Certificate of Approval holder
- CASR Subpart 42.G continuing airworthiness management organisation
- CASR Part 147 maintenance training organisations
- licensed aircraft maintenance engineer
- apprentice or tradesperson in aircraft maintenance
- contracted support organisations and individuals
- CASA airworthiness inspector and other staff who deal with the respective continuing airworthiness matters.