Part 139 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) sets out the requirements and standards for aerodromes with published instrument flight procedures. These requirements include standards for aerodrome facilities, obstacle control, operational procedures and safety management.
Subpart 139.H outlines the requirements for the provision of aerodrome and firefighting services (ARFFS).
Who it affects
Part 139 of CASR affects:
- certified aerodrome operators
- aeronautical, navigation and telecommunication service providers
- aerodrome radio communication service providers
- individuals involved in the operation and maintenance of aerodromes
- aerodrome consultants
- aerodrome and airways equipment suppliers and training organisations.
- state and local government planning bodies
- proponents of tall structures.
Subpart 139.H affects:
- current ARFFS providers (Airservices Australia, Norfolk Island)
- aircraft operators
- prospective ARFFS providers
- prospective ARFFS training providers
- aerodrome operators.