- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Safety Behaviours: Human Factors for Engineers resource kit
Resource guide for engineers
Workbook for engineers
Download the workbook for engineers (1.69MB)
This workbook has practical exercises and case studies about various human factors issues. It looks into the Crossed Wires and Right Connection videos, and can help you develop strategies for improving management of human factors (HF) in aviation maintenance.
Download the facilitator's guide (2.51MB)
The facilitator’s guide will give you a better understanding of how to use the kit to gain the most value from it. It will also help with facilitated and self-directed learning.
- Crossed Wires is about a fictitious maintenance organisation - Perfect Twins Maintenance, and is designed to promote discussion about the key human factors issues outlined in the resource guide.
- Right Connection shows what happens when the organisation takes steps to do things better.
- What the experts say, is a series of 12 interviews with human factors specialists talking about issues such as error management; shift handover, alcohol and other drugs, fatigue, decision making, and communication.