- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Apply for an organisation ARN
You can apply for an aviation reference number (ARN) for your business online, using our myCASA portal.
An organisation ARN allows others in your business to be set up to transact with us online on behalf of the business.
On this page
An organisation ARN is the only way to allow more than one person to act on behalf of the business in myCASA.
This will allow you to request and manage access to myCASA for key staff working for you.
We recommend sole traders set themselves up with an organisation ARN to future-proof any future expansion.
This includes companies intending to become:
- Air Operators’ Certificate holders
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operators’ Certificates (ReOC) holders
- businesses flying or intending to fly drones commercially
- flying training organisations
- maintenance training organisations.
The following types of businesses can apply online:
- companies (government, public and private)
- statutory authorities (Commonwealth, State and Local)
- government entities (departments, agencies and schools)
- incorporated companies, associations or entities
- sole traders
You will need to have a myCASA account, individual ARN and be authorised to apply on behalf of the business. Make sure you have your company’s ABN and other documentation handy.
If you want to add someone other than yourself as an authorised representative of your organisation, submit the change of details webform.
An ARN will not be issued to business names, funds, strata titles, deceased estates consortiums or partnerships. Organisations set up as trusts should contact us on 131 757 to discuss.
If you cannot apply online, you will need to:
- submit Organisation aviation reference number (ARN) application form 1170 (pdf 116.03 KB)
- email it to us with your organisational details.
Applications using Form 1170 will take about five days to process.
Find further information about the ARN process on these pages: