Part 129 of Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) sets out the certification, airworthiness, maintenance and operating requirements for foreign operators operating foreign-registered aircraft to transport passengers or cargo to, within or from Australian territory.
It outlines the requirements for a Foreign Air Transport Air Operator’s Certificate (FATAOC) and requires a foreign operator to:
- meet International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards
- have an AOC issued by their own country
- ensure all crew (flight crew and cabin crew) are able to communicate orally in a common language to enhance safety outcomes
- have a safety management system (as per the standards set out in ICAO Annex 19, Safety Management).
Who it affects
Part 129 of CASR affects:
- foreign operators operating foreign-registered aircraft carrying passengers or cargo in Australia.