The Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Subpart 175.B (AIS Providers) Technical Assessor Guidance document is for use by our technical assessors. It sets out the standards and requirements for Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) providers.
AIS providers are persons responsible for the publication of aeronautical data and information:
- in the Integrated Aeronautical Information Package (IAIP)
- on aeronautical charts.
The document guides our officers when assessing an application for a Subpart 175.B certificate. It ensures there is a consistent method for:
- assessing compliance with the regulations
- documenting the decisions we make.
This guidance is for reference only. It provides people in the aviation industry with an overview of the technical assessment. It does not detail the complete assessment process and only focuses on the elements required by the regulations.
The document combines:
- CASR Subpart 175.B Technical Assessor Handbook
- CASR Subpart 175.B Technical Assessor Worksheet
The worksheet is at Appendix 1 and contains the minimum criteria we consider when making a technical assessment.