- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
- Drug and alcohol management plans
- Emergencies and incident reporting
- Fatigue management
- Human factors
- Safety management systems
- Advice for air travellers
Drug and alcohol management plans
There are requirements you need to meet in relation to your drug and alcohol management plan (DAMP).
Understanding CASR Part 99
Part 99 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR) was developed after the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) recommended the introduction of mandatory alcohol and drug testing in 2004.
- Why do we have regulations?
- Who do the regulations apply to?
- What are my individual responsibilities under Part 99?
Regulatory requirements and putting your management plan into place
- What is a DAMP?
- Drug and alcohol education program
- Drug and alcohol testing program
- Drug and alcohol response program
- Administrative obligations for DAMP organisations
- Understanding DAMP reporting
- Understanding CASA testing
- DAMP organisation contracting third-party DAMP contractors (Non-DAMP organisations) (updated November 2019)
- DAMP exemption for micro-businesses (updated 29th May 2020)
- DAMP contracting other DAMP organisations and DAMP contracting emergency service organisations (New instrument - 29th May 2020)
- DAMP exemption for the collection and screening of specimens (updated July 2017)
- DAMP exemption - use of pre-hiring drug and alcohol tests (updated February 2019)
- DAMP Exemption - Foreign Air Transport AOC Holders (updated 22 March 2019)
- DAMP exemption for CAR 30 or Part 145 organisations overseas (updated September 2019)
- DAMP exemption for reporting (updated October 2017)
Resources, Guidance Material, FAQ’s, Tools and Forms
- CASA AOD eLearning
- Drug and alcohol management plan (DAMP) contact officer form 008 (pdf 100.97 KB)
- Drug and alcohol management plan guidance manual (pdf 951.21 KB) (updated June 2019)
- Drug and alcohol management plan framework (doc 307.5 KB) (updated June 2019)
- Fact sheets
- Frequently asked questions
- Problematic Alcohol and Other Drug Use in the Australian Aviation Sector - Comprehensive Assessment Guidelines
- Drug and alcohol management enquires for Part 99: Contact your regional office
- eLearning technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CASA testing: email@example.com
- National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA)
Last modified: 10 June 2020