We offer opportunities to graduates and Indigenous Australians to join us through entry level employment programs.
We offer opportunities for recent graduates to join us for an exciting and rewarding career. This is through the following programs:
We offer careers in 5 of the 7 streams of the Australian Government Graduate Program. Details about each, including how to apply, are on the graduate portal on APSJobs. These are the:
- Generalist Stream
- Data Stream
- Digital Stream
- Human Resources Stream
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Stream
A lead Australian Government agency manages the recruitment for each stream. This means you must apply for a place through the lead agency, through the APSC's APSJobs website. We can then consider you for a role, as can other agencies.
Find out more about Australian Government Graduate Programs.
Indigenous Apprenticeships Program
We are part of the Australian Government Indigenous Apprenticeships Program (IAP). Services Australia coordinate the IAP. The IAP is a pathway for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to start their career in the Australian Public Service (APS).
Through the IAP, we offer operational and support roles in 9 offices across Australia.
We support our IAP staff in:
- an inclusion network to discuss issues and plan future goals to support and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment
- our Reconciliation Action Plan which aims for equality and to reduce disadvantage by creating respectful and supportive relationships
- a workplace diversity program which aims to increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander representation, mutual respect and inclusion
- a training program to get a Diploma in Government for staff taking part in the IAP.
Learn more about Australian Government Indigenous Apprenticeships Program (IAP).