- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
The CASA aeroplane and helicopter PPL exams (PPLA and PPLH respectively) are each single-paper exam which tests all the subjects listed in the Part 61 Manual of Standards, Schedule 3.
PPLA/PPLH exam details are:
- Pass score - not less than 70%
- Exam duration - 3.5 hours
- Question style - ‘multi-choice’ & ‘supply answer’ (only of numerical value)
- Number of questions - from 55 to 60
- Marks per question - vary from 1 to 3
PPL examinations are available through Aspeq and authorised flying schools using the PEXO exam system. Examinations may be accessed, in accordance with the procedures detailed in the PEXO Handbook. The PPLA or PPLH exams availability may be determined by the organisation conducting the exam.
Sample questions are available for PPL exams. These will provide you with an indication of the subjects that may appear in your examination.