- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CASR Part 175 - Aeronautical information management
CASR Part 175 establishes a regulatory framework for the management of aeronautical information based on the internationally endorsed standards and recommended practices in Annex 15 'Aeronautical Information Services' to the Chicago Convention. Part 175 allows CASA to approve AIS providers and data service providers. Additionally, data service providers can be approved to publish aeronautical data and aeronautical information that can be used instead of the AIP, or be approved to supply aeronautical data for air navigation databases.
Who Part 175 affects
Part 175 affects:
- Airservices Australia
- publishers of aeronautical information products
- suppliers of aeronautical data for air navigation databases
- aerodrome operators
- Department of Defence
- Geoscience Australia
- Bureau of Meteorology
- organisations that own, control or operate an object or structure
- Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government authorities
- aircraft operators
Projects are opened to revise a CASR Part.
Part 175 open projects include:
- Project SS 14/07 - Review of guidance material for the development and implementation of Safety Management Systems.
Consultation and project activities
Current rules in effect for Part 91 include:
- Part 175 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
Advisory material provide advice and guidance to explain particular regulatory requirements of a CASR Part.
There are currently no advisory documents for Part 175.