Part 60 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) sets out the rules for flight simulation training devices (FSTDs).
The Part covers initial and recurrent qualification and use of devices.
- flight simulators
- flight training and other synthetic trainers that may be used to gain aeronautical experience.
The rules for approved synthetic trainers are covered by CAO 45.0.
Who it affects
- aircraft operators training and checking organisations
- flight training organisations
- flight simulator operators
- pilots (recency) and pilots undergoing training
- organisations that design, manufacture and supply flight simulators and flight training devices
- maintenance engineers and organisations coved synthetic trainers are covered by CAO 45.0.