Part 143 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) sets out the rules for air traffic controller training organisations. It includes:
- certification and approval requirements
- operating rules for a training provider.
The operating rules specify how the training provider:
- conducts training
- examines air traffic services personnel
- conducts competency assessments
- grants education qualifications.
Training providers have to be recognised under the Australian qualifications framework. They must be accredited by the Australian National Training Authority (ANTA) and registered as a Registered Training Organisation.
Who it affects
Part 143 of CASR affects:
- prospective service providers
- Airservices Australia
- Australian National Training Authority
- aerodrome operators
- Department of Defence (if it chooses).