Part 11 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) sets out the rules that apply to how we administer authorisations. These are generally licences, ratings, certificates and endorsements.
The rules include how we:
- process applications
- suspend or cancel authorisations
- renew time-limited authorisations.
Part 11 also includes rules for the:
- application, assessment and issue of exemptions
- issue temporary directions to maintain air safety
- delegation of our powers
- consultation requirements for issuing or amending a manual of standards (MOS).
Who it affects
Part 11 of CASR affects:
- CASA staff
- persons seeking exemptions against the CASRs
- persons subject to directions.