DAMP exemption for micro-businesses
Changes to the exemption for micro-businesses
The exemption for micro-businesses, CASA EX167/12 has expired and has been replaced with CASA EX98/15.The changes are about the testing requirements which has resulted in amendment to the CASA micro-business drug and alcohol management plans (DAMP), as well as some other minor changes.
You will need to read, understand and formerly adopt the current micro-business outlined below in step 2.
What is it?
This exemption reduces the administrative burden for smaller aviation organisations, while continuing to maintain high safety standards.
What are the benefits?
- Less paperwork for your organisation
- No requirement to conduct pre-deployment drug and alcohol tests
- Reduced testing requirements.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible your organisation must have ten (10) employees or less who perform, or are able to perform, a Safety Sensitive Aviation Activity (SSAA).
Please note that aviation organisations providing services to or, who are engaged in 'Regular Public Transport' operations are unable to be granted this exemption.
How do I get the exemption?
Getting the DAMP Exemption for micro-businesses is easy if you are eligible and follow these steps:
- Step 1: Read and understand the conditions of the DAMP Exemption for micro-businesses - updated June 2015
- Step 2: Read, understand and formally adopt the CASA micro-business DAMP - updated July 2016 (285KB) and at all times comply with the terms within this DAMP.
- Step 3: Register for, and complete the CASA AOD eLearning.