The Airworthiness and Engineering Branch (AEB) of CASA have recently conducted a Certification Flight Test Seminar in February in Brisbane. Another 2 day seminar is planned for 17/18 March Melbourne.
The interactive Melbourne session will cover regulatory requirements of certification and design approval activities involving flight testing. There will also be discussion on proposed improvements to CASA’s:
- certification policy
- guidance material.
The Certification Flight Testing Seminar is suitable for:
- pilots (specifically test pilots) involved in the conduct of flight test activities to support certification or design approvals
- flight analyst design Instrument of Appointment (IOA) holders and flight test engineers involved in certification flight test activities and the approval of flight test data and flight manuals
- design organisation engineers or other IOA holders who may use flight test data to make findings of compliance
- managers of design organisations which conduct flight testing as part of the design approval or certification process.
The seminar aims to:
- explain the certification and design approval processes and the requirements for certification documentation
- detail certification flight testing requirements and processes, particularly when gathering flight test data
- discuss specific requirements for flight test documentation including certification flight test plans and reports
- provide information on CASA’s involvement in flight test activities including the type inspection process
- workshop flight test safety best practices, including analysis, management and mitigation of flight test risks, the CASA flight test safety policy and updates to guidance material
- provide guidance on the requirements for the issue of experimental certificates and other approvals that enable flight testing
- conduct industry consultation on improvements to CASA certification and flight policy and guidance material.
Seminar topics include:
- process for type certification, supplementary type certification and major change approvals under CASR Part 21M
- certification program planning
- flight test related engineering specialisations and design IOA holders – flight analyst and test pilot
- certification flight test planning
- flight test safety and hazard analysis
- flight test enabling approvals (ie. Experimental Certificate, CASR 61.140, etc)
- flight test conduct and CASA level of involvement
- flight test reporting and recommendation/finding of compliance
- other topics relating to specific types of approvals worthy of discussion.
|17/18 March 2022||Melbourne||CASA Melbourne Office, Level 13, 7
20 Bourke Street, Docklands, Victoria 3008
Virtual (online) delivery concurrent with the in person presentation via MS Teams.
- 08:15am registration for a 08:30am start
- Completion by 4:00pm
The sessions are free of charge. We provide tea, coffee and a light lunch.
Register your interest
- Spaces are limited and may be further constrained due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements.
- Register your interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on 10 December 2021. Include your:
- phone and email contact details
- pertinent information on how the seminar will be of value to you and/or your company/design organisation employees
- interest in online delivery (for the Melbourne seminar only).
- Priority will be given to organisations/persons that:
- regularly apply to CASA for certification approvals/activities
- conduct design approvals in accordance with design instrument of approval or design organisation privileges
- regularly rely on flight test data as a basis determining compliance with airworthiness standards
- currently hold, or intend to apply for, a certification flight test related design organisation privilege or Instrument of Appointment.
For more information contact us.