The aeronautical knowledge requirements in the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) Part 61 Manual of Standards (MOS), Schedule 3 will be updated. The changes include:
- removing old references to ARFORs, TTFs, Manual of Meteorology Parts 1 and 2, etc.
- adding topics for the RPLN exam, currently showing as reserved
- making changes to the requirements, e.g. for RPL and PPL exams, such as:
- circuit entry and departure procedures
- operation of transponders, in particular the emergency codes 7700, 7600 and 7500
- extract emergency procedures from the ERSA.
Read Impact of new flight operations regulations on flight crew licencing exams for more information.