We are developing a guide to help you understand the regulations that apply to balloon and hot air airship crew and operators.
The draft guide sets out the regulatory requirements in a concise, clear, easy to read, and practical format for:
- Part 91 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR)
- Part 91 Manual of Standards (MOS)
- Part 131 of CASR
- Part 131 MOS.
The guide incorporates other regulations (Civil Aviation Regulations and Civil Aviation Orders) that apply to balloon and hot air airship crew and operators. We have also included relevant guidance materials and advisory documents.
Who the new guide is for
We have designed this guide primarily for:
- owners and registered operators of Part 131 aircraft
- operators of Part 131 aircraft
- pilots and crew of Part 131 aircraft.
We encourage feedback, including whether the draft guide provides:
- regulatory information in simple, easy-to-read, and understandable language
- a logical structure and format to the information.