Go to top of page
Pilot guides and information
We have a range of information, guides and online tools for pilots.
Visual pilot guides
Visual flight rules guide
- Our visual flight rules guide (VFRG) is fully revised in an easy-to-understand format.
- OnTrack is your interactive guide to operating in and around Australia's controlled airspace.
Manoeuvring area maps
- Our revised manoeuvring area maps - Alice Springs, Archerfield, Bankstown, Cairns, Cambridge, Camden, Darwin, Hobart, Jandakot, Launceston, Moorabbin, Parafield, Sunshine Coast and Townsville are now online.
- Ramp checks explained for general aviation and sport pilots.
- Out-n-Back is a six part video series that covers the important areas of: plan, arrive, survive.
Performance based navigation
- Performance based navigation (PBN) allows pilots, operators and air traffic control to make the best use of recent huge advances in navigation and technology and brings safety, efficiency and environmental benefits. Our performance based navigation booklet explains PBN and related equipment mandates.
Automatic dependent surveillance - broadcast
- Our automatic dependent surveillance - broadcast (ADS-B) booklet is a new and better way of providing air traffic surveillance and increasing your cockpit situational awareness.
Maintenance guide for pilots
- Our maintenance guide for pilots is an essential resource that explains what a pilot needs to know about their role in maintaining an aircraft.
Maintenance guide for owners and operators
- Our maintenance guide for owners and operators essential resource for anyone acquiring their first aircraft, or needing a concise guide to the maintenance of Class B aircraft.
Look out! Situational awareness pack
- The situational awareness pack contains a DVD and booklet, available from our online store.
Non-controlled aerodrome procedures
- Operations at non-controlled aerodromes booklet. Be heard, be seen, be safe: carry and use your radio.
Carburettor icing probability
- Monitor your risk of carby icing using this A5 carburettor icing probability chart and list of fast facts.
Global navigation satellite systems
Class D booklet
- Read our Class D booklet.
Chief pilot guide
- The Chief pilot guide will help chief pilots, intending chief pilots, aviation managers and line pilots to understand the role of the chief pilot. The guide outlines the position, the duties of, and the CASA approval process for chief pilots.
Fatigue management booklet
- The fatigue management rules are changing for more information visit our fatigue page.