- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Official documents and forms
Here you will find all the links to the regulations, manual of standards, guidance documents, applications and forms and other operational documents.
On this page
We’ve consolidated the relevant sections of the rules relevant to commercial operators of micro and excluded remotely piloted aircraft (RPA).
The overarching laws which govern all remotely piloted aircraft and their operations in Australia.
25 July 2019
- Civil Aviation Safety Amendment (Remotely Piloted Aircraft and Model Aircraft — Registration and Accreditation) Regulations 2019
17 October 2019
- Civil Aviation Safety Amendment (Remotely Piloted Aircraft and Model Aircraft — Registration and Accreditation) Regulations (No. 2) 2019
- Civil Aviation Safety Amendment (Remotely Piloted Aircraft and Model Aircraft — Registration and Accreditation) Regulations 2019 Commencement Determination 2020
Manual of Standards
Explains and details how to comply with identified areas of the law. This includes detailed instruction related to technical requirements, certification and advanced commercial operations.
- CASA 22/21 — Operation of Certain Unmanned Aircraft Directions Amendment Instrument 2021
- CASA EX37/21 – Educational, Training or Research Use of Certain RPA as if They were Model Aircraft – Prescription and Exemption Instrument 2021
- CASA EX38/21 – Obtaining Experience for Grant of RePL for Medium RPA, and for RePL Upgrade to Different Category of Small or Medium RPA – Exemption Instrument 2021
- CASA EX46/21 – Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operations Beyond Visual Line of Sight Instrument 2021
Provides guidance on how to apply and follow the laws related to drones and unmanned aircraft.
- AC 101-01 v3.0 (pdf 1.01 MB) Remotely piloted aircraft systems – licencing and operations
- AC 101-01 v3.0 - Annex A (pdf 437 KB)
- AC 101-03 v1.1 (pdf 352.77 KB) Unmanned aircraft and rockets – model aircraft
- AC 101-05 (pdf 27.4 KB) Functions and duties of RPAS maintenance controllers
- AC 101-10 v1.3 (pdf 672.42 KB) Remotely piloted aircraft systems – operation of excluded RPA.
AC 101-01, AC 101-03 and AC 101-10 are under review – we expect the new versions will be published in April 2021.
Visit myCASA to:
- apply for an aviation reference number (ARN)
- register any drone you are operating commercially
- get an RPA operator accreditation
- submit a notification of results for remote pilot licence (RePL) applications - for training providers
- renew your remotely piloted aircraft operator's certificate (ReOC) - renew here if you don't need to update or change any certificate details. If changes are required, you'll need to complete the paper-based form below
- update your contact details.
Paper-based application forms
- Application for extended visual line-of-sight (EVLOS) form (pdf 127.97 KB)
- Application for Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) form 101-01 (pdf 244.63 KB)
- Application for RPA Operator’s Certificate (ReOC) (initial issue/variation/renewal) form 101-02 (pdf 318.46 KB)
- Application for Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) and training - Notification of results form 101-05 (pdf 137.64 KB)
- Application for grant or renewal of RPAS delegation form 101-07 (pdf 134.69 KB)
- Application for RPA flight authorisation (area approval / permission) form 101-09 (pdf 165.18 KB)
- Report unsafe flying - report unsafe drone operations or pilots
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) enquiries - need some help? Ask us a question here.
- RPAS sample operations manual (docx 571.06 KB)
- RPA flying hours log book form 1483 (docx 122.51 KB)
- AC 101-01 v3.0 - Annex A (pdf 437 KB)
- Visual Flight Rules Guide – helping pilots to understand the rules of flying.
Have a question? Need help? Try asking our virtual assistant, which can be found in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
You can also contact us through our online enquiry form.
Subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date with the latest drone information and updates.