- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Official documents and forms
The overarching laws which govern all remotely piloted aircraft and their operations in Australia.
Manual of Standards
Explains and details how to comply with identified areas of the law. This includes detailed instruction related to technical requirements, certification and advanced commercial operations.
Provides guidance on how to apply and follow the laws related to drones and unmanned aircraft.
- AC 101-01 v2.1 (pdf 986.2 KB) Remotely piloted aircraft systems – licencing and operations
- AC 101-03 v1.1 (pdf 352.77 KB) Unmanned aircraft and rockets – model aircraft
- AC 101-05 (pdf 27.4 KB) Functions and duties of RPAS maintenance controllers
- AC 101-10 v1.3 (pdf 672.42 KB) Remotely piloted aircraft systems – operation of excluded RPA.
Applications and forms
Visit myCASA to:
- apply for an individual aviation reference number (ARN)
- submit a notification of results for remote pilot licence (RePL) applications - for training providers
- renew your remotely piloted aircraft operator's certificate (ReOC) - renew here if you don't need to update or change any certificate details. If changes are required, you'll need to complete the paper-based form below.
Paper-based application forms
- Application for Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) form 101-01 (pdf 201.66 KB)
- Application for RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC) initial issue and variation form 101-02 (pdf 274.39 KB)
- Application for RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC) subsequent Issue form 101-03 (pdf 596.08 KB)
- Application for RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC) nominated personnel approval form 101-04 (pdf 203.72 KB)
- Application for Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) and training - Notification of results form 101-05 (pdf 137.64 KB)
- Application for grant or renewal of RPAS delegation form 101-07 (pdf 143.8 KB)
- Application for RPA flight authorisation (area approval / permission) form 101-09 (pdf 1.17 MB)
- Online notification – intent to fly - for those flying under the excluded category (Flying over your own land and Sub 2 kg)
- Report unsafe flying - report unsafe drone operations or pilots
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) enquiries - need some help? Ask us a question here.
- RPAS sample operations manual (docx 564.8 KB)
- RPAS operations procedures (Library) (docx 87.18 KB)
- RPA flying hours log book form 1483 (docx 58.77 KB)
- Guidance on conducting RPAS theory and operation training (pdf 1013.44 KB)
- Visual Flight Rules Guide – helping pilots to understand the rules of flying.
Have a question? Need help? Try asking our virtual assistant, which can be found in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
You can also contact us through our online enquiry form.
Subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date with the latest drone information and updates.