- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
- Aviation safety advisors
- eLearning catalogue
- Seminars and workshops
- Sponsorship and grants
Aviation Safety Advisors (ASA)
About our team
Our Aviation Safety Advisors work in close contact with the aviation industry to provide safety advice and deliver safety education and training.
Although their focus is on smaller organisations, they can also assist larger air transport operators through their respective field offices.
- Enhance aviation safety within the wider aviation community through AvSafety seminars, on-site visits, industry events, public discussions and meetings.
- Guide aviation industry leadership in changes to regulation and processes of safety management.
- Discuss aviation safety issues that affect individuals, organisations and the aviation community.
- Promote sound safety procedures and attitudes within the aviation community.
- Assist with interpretation and understanding of regulations.
- Receive aviation feedback and issues that are then considered by CASA.
Our popular AvSafety seminars are conducted around Australia in metropolitan and regional locations by our specialist team of ASAs.
The free seminars provide an opportunity to hear about and discuss safety issues that affect you.
Find out more information and book your place at one of our AvSafety seminars.
Our team members provide personalised on-site visits, assisting with aviation safety issues that may be affecting smaller organisations.
On-site visits form an important part of our safety promotion function and information discussed with ASAs is not captured as part of the audit and compliance function.
Find out more information and request an on-site visit.
Our ASA team consists of: a team leader, eight advisors and an AvSafety coordinator. Click on your region’s ASA to read about their background and access contact details.
|New South Wales||Teraya Miller|
|Northern Territory||Peter Ball|
|South Australia||Terry Horsam|
|Victoria and Tasmania||Bradley Johnson|
|Victoria and Tasmania||Michael White|
|Victoria and Tasmania||Tim Penney|
|Western Australia||Craig Peterson|
|AvSafety coordinator||Prue Zamora|
Last modified: 13 March 2019