Part 31 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) provides the airworthiness standards for manned free balloons. It has been based on Australian and foreign legislation, specifically:
- Section 101.54 of the Civil Aviation Orders (CAOs)
- Part 31 of the USA's Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Section 31 of the British Civil Airworthiness Requirements (BCARs).
Who it affects
Part 31 of CASR affects people who:
- design manned free balloons to be used in the Australian aviation community
- design modifications and repairs for manned free balloons.