Part 101 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) consolidates the rules for all unmanned aeronautical activities into one body of legislation.
It sets out the rules for the use of:
- unmanned tethered balloons and kites
- unmanned free balloons
- unmanned rockets
- remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) or drones
- model aircraft
- firework displays.
Who it affects
Part 101 of CASR affects:
- Remotely piloted aircraft owners and operators
- model aircraft owners and operators
and organisations/individuals involved in:
- unmanned balloons (including use of a large number of party balloons) and rocket operations
- firework displays
- research and development
- law enforcement
- weather research
- users of airborne telecommunications systems.