- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Visual flight rules guide
The new 2020 (version 6.2) edition of Visual Flight Rules Guide (VFRG) is now available.
The VFRG is designed primarily for VFR pilots engaged in domestic operations, with the printed version featuring a comprehensive booklet comprising detailed safety information, diagrams, charts and maps.
The VFRG is divided into five main sections, plus an index:
- General—the rules, licensing, pilot responsibilities, radio procedures
- Pre-flight planning—meteorology, briefing, notification, information services
- Operations—communications, non-controlled aerodromes, controlled airspace sport aviation, helicopter operations
- Helicopter operations
- Emergency procedures
The latest edition of the guide features amendments to various rules and regulations, as well as incorporating feedback received from the aviation community.
Visit the VFRG website regularly for updates.