- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
- Manual of Standards
Go to top of page
Visual flight guide
The new 2018 (ver 6.0) edition of Visual Flight Rules Guide (VFRG) is now available.
The new version replaces the previous version from 2015 and is now available for purchase at our online store.
The VFRG is designed primarily for VFR pilots engaged in domestic operations, with the printed version featuring a comprehensive booklet comprising detailed safety information, diagrams, charts and maps.
The VFRG is divided into five main sections, plus an index:
- General—the rules, licensing, pilot responsibilities, radio procedures
- Pre-flight planning—meteorology, briefing, notification, information services
- Operations—communications, non-controlled aerodromes, controlled airspace sport aviation, helicopter operations
- Helicopter operations
- Emergency procedures
The new edition features amendments to various rules and regulations, and incorporates feedback received from the aviation community since the previous 2015 version (ver 5.0).