- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Visual flight rules guide
The VFRG is designed primarily for VFR pilots engaged in domestic operations, with the printed version featuring a comprehensive booklet comprising detailed safety information, diagrams, charts and maps.
The VFRG is divided into five main sections, plus an index:
- General – the rules of the air, licensing, pilot responsibilities, radio procedures, aircraft equipment
- Pre-flight planning – preparation, meteorology, flights over water, safety precautions, briefing and notification, information services
- Operations – communications, non-controlled aerodromes, controlled airspace, sport aviation, night VFR
- Helicopter operations
- Emergency procedures
The latest edition of the guide features amendments to rules and regulations to better align with the Aeronautical Information Publications (AIP)
Visit the VFRG website regularly for updates.