- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Step 4: Review type ratings
Please open Appendix IX of the Part 66 Manual of Standards and review the type ratings.
The following are key facts relating to the type ratings:
- Aircraft over 5700 kg and twin helicopters are typed rated as are some aircraft listed by CASA such as the Microjet.
- Under Airworthiness Advisory Circular (AAC) 9-91, Bell 204/205 is type rated but under Appendix IX of the Part 66 Manual of Standards it is not a type rating.
- If the licence has a gas turbine rating and an engine is not listed as a type rating the licence covers that engine.
Back to Step 3
Continue to Step 5