Roger Weeks (Acting)
The Standards Division principal role is the development of aviation safety standards and guidance material, the implementation of these regulatory changes and the carriage of CASA’s initial and continuing airworthiness functions, including manufacturing and related activity. The division maintains a watching brief on future technology and regulatory trends. The division also coordinates and maintains the ICAO continuous monitoring approach system.
The division comprises:
- Flight Standards Branch
- Airworthiness and Engineering Standards Branch
- Standards Development and Quality Assurance Branch
- Operational Regulations Implementation Branch
- Part 61 Solutions Taskforce
The basic functions of the division are:
- Development of standards and regulations, together with the generation of associated policies, standards and guidance material for aviation safety.
- Management of engineering, certification, manufacturing and continuing airworthiness processes and the resolution of technical issues in relation to airframes, avionics, propulsion and mechanical systems.
- Management of the program, projects and processes required to implement regulatory change.
- Management of internal quality assurance and associated processes as they relate to regulatory standards and guidance material.
- Assessment of future technology, with a view to its impact on the Australian aviation industry and CASA.
131 757 (local call cost)
GPO Box 2005
Canberra ACT 2601
|Executive Manager||Roger Weeks (Acting)|
|Manager, Flight Standards||John Grima|
|Manager, Airworthiness and Engineering Standards/Head of Airworthiness||Nick Ward|
|Manager, Standards Development and Quality Assurance||Grant Mazowita|
|Manager, Operations Regulations Implementation||Jason McHeyzer|
|Senior Manager, Part 61 Solutions Taskforce||Tony Stanton|