- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online tools and apps
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
On-site visits (OSVs)
What to expect
Your local ASA aims to conduct an on-site visit (OSV) of your organisation or area at least once a year. The ASA is available to provide personalised assistance with aviation safety issues that may be affecting your organisation, including:
- requirements in transitioning to the new regulations such as Part 141 or 142
- setting up a Safety Management System
- understanding administration of your organisation’s regulatory requirements
- topical issues.
ASA’s will conduct the OSV either as a pre-arranged meeting or a ‘meet-and-greet’ opportunity. You may wish to pre-arrange an agenda to cover a range of topics that are of interest to your organisation. Most likely, the ASA may contact you directly if they are visiting your area. As a minimum, ASAs will attempt to phone or email AOC holders approximately every six months.
On-site visits usually last between 30 minutes to an hour, with follow-up appointments encouraged on a regular basis.
Meet the team and book in an OSV.
Please provide us with your feedback
Have we conducted an OSV of your organisation recently? Please tell us what you think and take our five minute survey.